Wednesday, January 28, 2009

snow sleet ice (penguins)



A snow day. Again.  Normally, I looooove these days and settle right in to life with kids so happy to be at home.  Well, I actually loved today and we did make my friend Catherine's soft pretzels when I was taking a work break, but that is just it, I had to work.  Had to! There have been a string of days that normally would've been school days but have turned out not to be, for one reason or another, and I keep saying 'oh well', and ditching work responsibilities, because the kids need attention, of course, and so it looks like my hookie days are pretty much used up. Well, the pretzels rocked anyway.

This crazy weather day kept us all inside.  I didn't go out once.  Only Jonny had the opportunity, poor fella, and came in from plowing and plowing covered in a sheet of ice and steamed glasses. Speaking of ice... Hmmm,  I'm trying to segue to a sharing of a lovely collaboration between my daughter and me but the only thing I can think of is the relationship between ice and snow and penguins.  So...


Last year I was developing a feature about making easy jewelry for Family Fun Magazine and this is one of the ideas we used in the article.  Ava drew the picture and I mod podged it onto something called a "dangle" which I found in the button section of JoAnn Fabrics.  I wear this ALOT.  The shell dangle is about a 2" diameter and I get a lot of compliments on it.  

2 comments: